NOTE: Over-filling can cause balloons to break, and will cause a shortage of helium. Inflate to round (not pear) shape to allow for expansion. Contact your rental center if you have problems with the balloon inflator.
For Safe Operation:
- Strap helium cylinder onto two-wheel dolly to transport
- Transport cylinder with cap secured tightly, in a well ventilated vehicle
- Set cylinder on a flat, level surface or secure to post/tree/wall
- Dismantle cylinder and re-attach cap when not in use
- Allow only persons familiar with cylinder operation to use
- Secure the "Open/Close" valve tightly after each use to prevent helium escape
- Use the cylinder for filling balloons only
- Do not breathe helium from balloons
Consult your rental center for additional equipment and accessories for your event.
UNDERSTAND YOUR RENTAL CONTRACT KNOW YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE RENTED
These guidelines and tips are common-sense suggestions designed to promote balloon safety. Compiled from literature of leading experts in the field, they are believed to be reliable, and are offered as suggestions and illustrations to deal principally with common practices and conditions encountered in the use of balloon equipment. The guidelines are not intended to be all-inclusive, complete descriptions of safe practices, or to supplant or replace other additional precautionary measures to cover usual or unusual conditions or situations where common sense might otherwise dictate. Accordingly, the American Rental Association and its member firms disclaim all liability for, and make no warranty or guarantee of, the accuracy or applicability of this information in any situation.